The Secret Guitar Teacher
An experienced guitar teacher wanted to record guitar lessons in order to make a pay website based on guided guitar courses with personal interaction with the teachers
Design Solution: The design of the website followed 3 stages:
- Design Ideas. A set of 6 design ideas were created to target a mature, sophisticated audience. They reflected the unique selling point of the site: the personal interaction with an experienced guitar teacher.
- Design Feedback. The feedback process helped select a simple design which used colours and icons to inform the user what part of the complex site they are viewing.
- Design Development. The design process was upgraded many times to reflect changing requirements during the development process.
Technical Solution: The site needed to deliver videos reliably, create the guitar courses, manage the member, take payments, and encourage feedback to improve the service.
- A free FLV player was used for delivering the videos which were edited on an Apple.
- A bespoke Content Management System (CMS) developed in PHP-MySQL to manage guitar courses and lesson videos.
- A bespoke CMS to manage membership and subscriptions with the financial transactions being completed by Paypal or 2CheckOut.com
- A customised WordPress blog allows easy communication with members.
Marketing Solution: A YouTube channel created a reach into the online market and the site encouraged visitors add to the email lists.
© 2011, copyright statement